Pumpkin Pie with Pumpkin Beer Recipe
Pumpkin style is a popular style of beer that usually starts appearing this time of the year in late September.
Since it’s the season of pumpkin beers, I decided to make two pumpkin beer pies. The first Pumpkin Beer Pie is gluten and dairy free.
If you want to try this recipes for yourself, here are the ingredients and instructions.
For the first pie, I used Strange Land Brewery Headless Gentleman 2016 – Imperial Bourbon Pumpkin Porter 8.9 abv, 41 ibu.
1 9 in unbaked pie shell (I used a grain free, gluten free pie crust)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon (or you can use nutmeg as an alternative)
1 tsp ginger
1 and 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
6 ounces of your favorite pumpkin beer ( you must reduce the beer first, pour in a pot over medium to low flame for about 25 mins. If you don’t, you; ll wind up with some bitter taste to the pie.)
- Preheat the over 425 degrees F.
- Reduce 6 ounces of pumpkin beer(or stout/porter) over low flame for 25 minutes.
- Combine the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and ginger in a bowl then beat in 2 eggs.
- Stir in the canned pumpkin and your favorite reduced pumpkin beer, combine well.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust shell. Bake for 15 mins.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F, and bake for additional 45-50minutes or until ready.
- Cool, serve and enjoy!
For the second pie, I used Saint Arnold Brewing Pumpkinator (2016) – Bourbon Barrel Aged 11 abv, 34ibu. Same ingredients and instructions as above, except this time I used a regular pie crust.
Strange Land was nice enough to give us a bottle of their 2016 Headless Gentleman, there are other beers that would work well with this recipe like Saint Arnold Pumkinator, Infamous Pumpkin Massacre, Nightmare On 1st Street by No Label Brewing and Elysian brewing pumpkin peach ale 😀.
If you like cooking with beer check out our article Jester King Brewery Black Metal Beer Injected Brisket.